The Feldenkrais Method is a general approach to human improvement. Safe, non-strenuous and effective, the Feldenkrais Method improves the body’s comfort and function by engaging the power of the brain. The Feldenkrais Method has a profound and general effect, and can make everything we do, easier and more comfortable. The Feldenkrais Method is broadly beneficial and appropriate for people of all ages and abilities.
Since graduating, not a day has gone by when I do not think of and use some aspect of the Feldenkrais Method. I congratulate you on your pedagogy and style of teaching. It encourages without pushing, alerts without alarming, and satisfies without self-indulgence. It builds a solid framework, lesson by lesson, so the student scarcely notices the method, until the unmistakable occurs: function returns, inhibition melts away, and efficient movement takes over, leaving inefficient habits with no good reason to continue to exist. – John Charles Murphy, Member of Mummenschanz
The Feldenkrais Method provides:
- Relief from muscular-skeletal and joint pain, including; discomfort in your back, neck, head, shoulders, hips, knees, feet, hands, pelvis, and jaw.
- Improved flexibility and quality of movement.
- Improved standing and sitting posture.
- Quick recovery from injury and surgery.
- Improved health of your joints and mobility.
- Better stability and balance.
- Reduced muscular tension, stress and anxiety.
- Gain renewed vitality, health and emotional well-being.
- Greater ease and pleasure and all your physical activities.
- Improved comfort and performance in all performing arts and athletic activities.
- Reduced muscular effort and improved muscular efficiency.
- Restore lost function with neurological issues such as multiple sclerosis and stroke.
- Improved ease of movement and co-ordination.
- Improved mood and energy levels.
- Reduced inflammation and improved circulation.
- Improved breathing.
- Improved self-image and sense of well-being.
- Healthy aging and brain fitness.
- Improved ability to relax and sleep.
- Encourage development of new neural pathways.